The primary purpose of Furry Fiesta is for our attendees to have fun. To that end, we've established these rules to ensure that everyone enjoys their time with us as much as possible in a safe, friendly manner.
We don’t want to revoke memberships. We want you to be here. We want you to like being here and we want you to come back! The rules may seem like quite the laundry list, but it is our hope and expectation that we will seldom, if ever, be forced to enforce them. So use your common sense, act your (real) age and we’ll all have a great time year after year!
If you are a member of the media, looking to film, photograph or otherwise document our event for publication, please visit our Media Policies page for guidelines.
Furry Fiesta Rules
- All attendees are assumed to have read and understood this official Furry Fiesta Code of Conduct and agreed to the terms set forth therein when receiving a badge. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse.
- Anyone who accepts a membership badge agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Furry Fiesta and the Dallas Regional Anthropomorphic Meeting Association from any claim for personal injuries or other damages or equity arising out of any individual’s activities at Furry Fiesta, even if such injury or damage is caused by negligence by or on the part of Furry Fiesta or the Dallas Regional Anthropomorphic Meeting Association.
- Furry Fiesta seeks to make its staff members available to its attendees. Staff members will be wearing special badges to indicate their status. If you have a problem, please alert a member of staff to the issue.
- All attendees of Furry Fiesta (even those who are attending with a parent) will be required to present a single government-issued photo ID at registration which clearly states their full legal name and date of birth. Examples of valid photo identification include: photo ID issued by DPS or DMV office, driver’s license, military ID, passport, etc. Examples of IDs that are NOT valid include: school ID, employee ID or any other ID that is either not issued by the government or not a photo ID will full legal name and date of birth. Any person who does not present such photo ID will not be allowed to complete registration or be granted a convention badge of membership. Any person who provides a forged photo ID will be remanded to the custody of the local police. (So don’t do it!)
- The majority of Furry Fiesta is for general audiences. However, some events or subject matter may be limited to adult audiences. At registration, if you are at least 18 years old, you may opt to sign an age statement signifying that that you are at least 18 years old and must show a government issued photo ID showing your legal name and date of birth for verification. If you elect not to sign this statement or you do not produce a government-issued photo ID proving you are at least 18 years old, you may register as a minor as indicated below. Any person who falsifies their age statement or provides forged documentation or photo ID will be remanded to the custody of the local police. (So don’t do it!)
- Minors who will be ages 16 and 17 at time of registration check-in may attend Furry Fiesta without a parent if they present government-issued photo ID stating their legal name and birth date and a Parental Consent For Minor To Attend Furry Fiesta 2018 form (available for download from the Registration page) signed by their parent or legal guardian and notarized by a public notary. Minors who will be ages 16 and 17 at time of registration check-in who do not present government-issued photo ID stating the legal name and birth date or do not have a complete Parental Consent For Minor To Attend Furry Fiesta 2018 form at Registration may register, but must register with and be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times in any official convention spaces including, but not limited to, the Dealer’s Den, Artist Alley, Art Show, Con Suite, Corral, Art Show, all panels and dances. Parents and guardians will be held responsible for damage or problems caused by their minors. Any minor who provides a forged permission form or photo ID will be remanded to the custody of the local police. (So don’t do it!)
- Children who will be age 15 and below at time of registration check-in are not required to present government-issued photo ID, but must register with and be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times in any official convention area including, but not limited to, the Dealer’s Den, Con Suite, Art Show, all panels and dances. Parents and guardians will be held responsible for damage or problems caused by their children.
- Convention attendees must wear their official convention badge at all times while in public convention areas and it must be shown upon request to any member of convention staff, security, hotel staff or law enforcement. Your badge will contain a badge name of your choosing (subject to staff approval), as well as a unique number. Altering convention badges in such a manner as to permanently obscure any of these elements renders the badge unusable. If your badge becomes unusable or is lost, it will be replaced at a rate of $10.00 U.S. per badge. Any person found using a counterfeit badge, using a badge not belonging to them or making copies of their badge for others will have their membership revoked and will be asked not to return during that year or subsequent years.
- Furry Fiesta reserves the right to deny or revoke membership at any time for any reason.
- In the event that any Furry Fiesta staff or security member deems it necessary to revoke any attendee’s membership, that attendee must surrender their convention badge to said staff or security member and leave Furry Fiesta convention spaces immediately. Also, said attendee will not be entitled to any manner of refund or compensation for the price of their membership. This includes all levels of membership.
- All public areas of the hotel are non-smoking. The hotel has designated areas where smoking is permitted.
- Any usage, sale or possession of illegal or non-prescribed controlled substances will constitute cause to revoke membership of those involved and will be reported to the local authorities.
- All parties at which alcohol is served or consumed must verify that every person attending the party is 21 years of age or older by checking government-issued photo IDs. Any party found serving alcohol to or allowing consumption of alcohol by anyone under the age of 21 will be shut down immediately.
- Furry Fiesta accepts no liability for whatever may occur within the confines of private hotel rooms. Incidents that occur in these rooms are the sole responsibility of the individual to whom the room is rented. This includes payment for any and all damage, responsibility for complaints levied against the room and any other issues that may arise. Please note that if a situation should occur that may present a threat to the convention and/or its attendees, Furry Fiesta has a responsibility to report it to the proper authorities.
- No weapons are permitted at Furry Fiesta. If you have a fake or peace-bonded weapon to use as part of a costume, it must be approved by Furry Fiesta before being shown in public. Also, because of potential damage to property, items including, but not limited to, silly string, paintball guns, water guns or any similar devices are not allowed within the hotel at any time.
- While Furry Fiesta wholeheartedly endorses get-togethers, meet-ups and other gatherings, it is imperative that any materials used to advertise these events be tasteful and posted in an area and in such a manner wherein no damage will be caused to the hotel. This may include limiting such posts to designated areas. Furry Fiesta reserves the right to remove any posted notices that are considered inappropriate.
- Remember that while you are at Furry Fiesta, you are not only here to enjoy the furry fandom, but you also serve to represent it. As such, the following behaviors are prohibited in any public area:
- Public displays of affection more extreme than hugging and back-scratching
- Excessively loud volumes
- Failure to wear appropriate attire up to and including shirts, pants/shorts, footware. (Furry Fiesta staff may require attendees to alter their attire if it determined to be inappropriate.)
- Public display of any fetish gear including, but not limited to, leashes
- Disrespect of hotel staff or damage to hotel property
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages anywhere other than the hotel bar and hotel restaurant
The following behaviors are also prohibited in any public area:
- Display of any adult-themed subject matter
- Running (If that’s even possible)
- Selling goods or services outside of the Dealer’s Den, Artist Alley, Art Show or other commerce areas specifically designated by Furry Fiesta
- Furry Fiesta has a strict No Harassment policy (physical, verbal and/or sexual). No means NO. If someone tells you stop, you STOP. If someone tells you to go away, you GO AWAY. If someone will not abide by these rules, contact a member of security or any member of staff and the issue will be dealt with.
- Any attendees engaging in behavior which endangers life or property (such as, but not limited to, pulling fire alarms, creating hazardous situations) will have their membership revoked immediately and may be asked not to return to future events organized by the Dallas Regional Anthropomorphic Meeting Association. If warranted, law enforcement may be called.
- Photographic or video media coverage is prohibited in any convention controlled areas. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all ballrooms, conference rooms and other spaces reserved by Furry Fiesta. Attendees must also give written consent to being photographed and/or videotaped in any public space at the convention hotel location by the press and the written consent must be kept on file for a minimum of one year. If any attendee declines to consent to this, then any kind of broadcast or publication is not permitted by any media outlet. It is also not permissible to photograph or videotape from any public space into any convention controlled space.
- If a member of the press is found by any attendee, they should immediately contact a staff member, who will present said individual(s) with a written copy of the Furry Fiesta Press Policy and information about Furry Fiesta.
- No photographs or video of Furry Fiesta may be used for any commercial purpose or financial gain without prior written consent from the Dallas Regional Anthropomorphic Meeting Association. Any personal photographs or video taken at Furry Fiesta and placed on the internet must be removed immediately upon request.
- The Hyatt Regency Dallas expressly prohibits any posting of signs, fliers, notices, etc on all walls, doors, and in elevators. Furry Fiesta will provide one or more message boards and flyer tables in our convention space for posting of notes, signs, and flyers by our attendees. Any flyers, signs, notices, or other items posted in prohibited areas will be immediately removed upon discovery by a member of staff.
- Furry Fiesta staff members will make every attempt to be fair, lenient and understanding in the case of infractions, but there are some situations in which our options may become limited based on the severity of the situation. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly by a member of Staff or Security, you may take the matter up with the Chief of Security or the Convention Chairman.
- Furry Fiesta will not accept ANY refund requests after Pre-Registration has closed on January 23rd, 2018.
- Furry Fiesta reserves the right to amend these rules without prior or posted notice.